- Radiation Basics
- Radiation and Health Fact Sheets
- Electricity and Health
- Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR) Literature Survey
- Mobile Phones and Health
- Mobile Phone Base Station Survey 2007 - 13
- ARPANSA Environmental EME Reports
- Reporting a Health or Safety Concern
- Radiation Protection Websites
- Radiation Emergencies
- Australian Radiation Incident Register
- Electromagnetic Radiation Health Complaints Register
- Survey of Residential Power Frequency Magnetic Fields
- Radiation Protection of the Patient
For more information please get in touch with ARPANSA
- Phone Number+61 3 9433 2211
- Fax Number+61 3 9432 1835
- email ARPANSA
Radiation Protection Websites
Links to other websites are provided for research convenience only and do not constitute endorsement by ARPANSA of material at those sites, or an endorsement of the function, policy or status of any associated organisation, or endorsement of any product or service.
- Introduction to Radiation
- Radiation and Health Physics
- Medical Physics
- Nuclear Energy
- Ionising Radiation
- Non-Ionising Radiation
- Agencies and Organisations
- Professional Associations
- Journals (with abstracts available)
- Other Scientific Resources
Introduction to Radiation
- Nuclear science and technology and how it influences your life (American Nuclear Society)
- Radiation and Life (Eric J Hall, Columbia University)
- Radiation Reassessed - The Why Files (US National Institute for Science Education)
Radiation and Health Physics
- Chernobyl, Ten Years On, Radiological and Health Impact An appraisal by the NEA Committee on Radiation Protection and Public Health. Published November 1995 by NEA/OECD, Paris. This file contains the complete text of the 112 page report including diagrams. The NEA site contains the full text of many of their reports.
- The Office of Radiation, Chemical & Biological Safety (Michigan State University)
- Radiation Effects Research Foundation (Japan): The binational organization dedicated to the discovery, application, and dissemination of knowledge about health effects in the survivors of the 1945 atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- Validity of the Linear No Threshold Theory of Radiation Carcinogenesis at Low Doses
- Department of Medical Radiations Science, RMIT
- Medical Physics Home Pages (AAPM): General Medical Physics / Radiology / Nuclear Medicine & PET / Radiation Therapy / Health Physics / Dosimetry Calibration / Computer Topics / Standards.
- Centre of Medical Imaging Research, University of Leeds
- The Whole Brain Atlas
- The Visible Human Project
- Cancer Center of Excellence (US) - Brigham and Women’s Hospital, a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School.
- British Institute of Radiology (UK)
- Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University (US)
- The Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Radiologists
- Society of Nuclear Medicine (US)
- The University of Washington Radiology Webserver (US) Case of the Week / Radiology Teaching Files / Other Learning Materials / Other Information.
- Dept of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities - Supervising Scientist Division: The Supervising Scientist Division (SSD), is part of the Australian Government's Environment portfolio, and is responsible for environmental oversight of uranium mining activities in the Alligator Rivers Region of the Northern Territory of Australia.
- The Virtual Nuclear Tourist: Nuclear power plant design and operation (Joseph Gonyeau).
- Ionizing Radiation Division, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- NRC (Canada) Measurement science and standards
- International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection
- National Institute of Environmental and Health Sciences
- UK Government Health Protection Agency - Electromagnetic Fields
- World Health Organization - EMF Project
Agencies and Organisations
Metrology & Measurement Standards
- International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements (ICRU)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) - Physics Laboratory, USA
- National Physical Laboratory (NPL), UK - Ionising Radiation and Acoustics
- NPL: Pointers to Physics/Metrology resources
Quality Assurance Standards
- National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA)
- Standards Australia
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
Radiation & Nuclear Energy
- Australian Nuclear Science & Technology Organisation (ANSTO) (AU)
- Australian Emergency Management (AU)
- International Atomic Energy Agency
- Radioactive Waste Management in Australia, Department Industry, Innovation and Science (AU)
- Health and Safety Executive - Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR) (UK) : ONR seeks to keep up and improve safety standards for work with ionising radiations through its licensing powers by assessing safety cases and inspecting sites for licence compliance.
- Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA) (FR) : The mission of the NEA is to assist its Member countries in maintaining and further developing, through international co-operation, the scientific, technological and legal bases required for the safe, environmentally friendly and economical use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.
- Radioactive Waste Links
- United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA) (UK) :The United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA) is responsible for the decommissioning of its nuclear reactors and other nuclear liabilities used for the UK nuclear energy R&D program.
- US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) (US) :The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) ensureS adequate protection of the public health and safety, the common defence and security, and the environment in the use of nuclear materials in the United States.
- Radiation Safety, Department of Health, Victoria
- Radiation Protection Unit, Department of Health and Human Services, Tasmania
- Radiation Health Unit, Queensland Health
- Radiological Council, WA
- Environment Protection Authority, NSW
- Health Protection Service, ACT Health
- Radiation Protection Section, Dept of Health, NT
- Radiation Protection Branch, Environment Protection Authority, SA
- International Commission on Radiological Protection
- Institut de radioprotection et de sûreté nucléaire (IRSN) (FR)
- Health Protection Services (UK) - Public Health England (UK)
- National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements (US)
- Ministry of Health (New Zealand)
Top of Page Health
- Australian Department of Health
- US - Environmental Protection Agency - The mission of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is to protect human health and to safeguard the natural environment (air, water, and land) upon which life depends.
- World Health Organization(WHO) - Western Pacific Region
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- US National Institute of Health (NIH)
- IAEA - Radiation Protection of Patients (RPoP) - International Atomic Energy Agency information to help health professionals achieve safer use of radiation in medicine for the benefit of patients
- Dept of Environment - Supervising Scientist Division: The Supervising Scientist Division (SSD), is part of the Australian Government's Environment portfolio, and is responsible for environmental oversight of uranium mining activities in the Alligator Rivers Region of the Northern Territory of Australia.
- AusturalianUranium.com.au - Web resource for Australian Uranium information and discussion.
- Australasian College of Physical Scientists & Engineers in Medicine
- Australasian Radiation Protection Society Inc.
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Nuclear Medicine
- The Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Radiologists
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) (US)
- American Institute of Physics (US)
- American Nuclear Society (US)
- American Physical Society (US)
- European Physical Society (US)
- Health Physics Society (US)
- Institute of Physics (UK)
- International Radiation Protection Association (IRPA)
Journals (with abstracts available)
Top of Page
Other Scientific Resources
Medicine & Biology
- Cancer Council ACT
- Cancer Council Australia
- Cancer Council NSW
- Cancer Council NT
- Cancer Council Queensland
- Cancer Council SA
- Cancer Council Tasmania
- Cancer Council Victoria
- Cancer Council WA
- CancerNet (US National Cancer Institute)
- Stanford Medicine Cancer Institute
- OncoLink (University of Pennsylvania)
- KUMC Genetics Education Center: Human genetics and the human genome project.
- The Genome Database (Johns Hopkins University)