- Radiation Basics
- Radiation and Health Fact Sheets
- Electricity and Health
- Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR) Literature Survey
- Mobile Phones and Health
- Mobile Phone Base Station Survey 2007 - 13
- ARPANSA Environmental EME Reports
- Reporting a Health or Safety Concern
- Radioactive Waste Safety
- Radiation Protection Websites
- Radiation Emergencies
- Australian Radiation Incident Register
- Electromagnetic Radiation Health Complaints Register
- Survey of Residential Power Frequency Magnetic Fields
- Australian Solaria Regulation and Operator Training
For more information please get in touch with ARPANSA
- Phone Number+61 3 9433 2211
- Fax Number+61 3 9432 1835
- email ARPANSA
Uniformity in the Control of Radiation Use
ARPANSA has developed a National Directory for Radiation Protection (NDRP) through the Radiation Health Committee to provide an agreed framework for radiation protection across Australia.
The Radiation Protection Series (RPS) publications are developed to be applied by radiation users in industry, medicine and research and by Commonwealth, state and territory regulatory bodies. Some RPS publications contain requirements to be used as licence conditions (Codes and Standards) and others are more advisory in nature (Recommendations and Safety Guides) and designed to be used to give common guidance throughout Australia.
As there is different radiation control legislation in each jurisdiction, ARPANSA has developed a National Directory for Radiation Protection through the Radiation Health Committee to provide an agreed framework for radiation protection. The Directory contains clear regulatory statements to be adopted into the radiation protection regulatory systems within each jurisdiction, with the endorsement of the Australian Health Ministers’ Advisory Council (AHMAC) and the Australian Health Ministers’ Conference (AHMC). Codes and Standards intended for national adoption are also listed in the NDRP.The NDRP promotes uniformity of radiation protection and nuclear safety across jurisdictions.
Top of Page