- Personal Radiation Monitoring Service
- Equipment Calibration and Testing
- Radioanalytical Services
- ELF Magnetic Field Meter Hire
- UV Protection Factor (UPF) Testing
- UV Data
- UV Resource Guide
- Megavoltage Photon TLD Audit Service
- High Energy Radiation Beams (LINAC)
- Radiation Safety Advice and Risk Evaluation
- Australian Clinical Dosimetry Service
- National Diagnostic Reference Level Service
- Australian National Radiation Dose Register (ANRDR)
For more information please get in touch with ARPANSA
- Phone Number+61 3 9433 2211
- Fax Number+61 3 9432 1835
- email ARPANSA
Licensing The UPF Certification Trade Mark
ARPANSA is the proprietor of the UPF Certification Trade Mark. This trademark is widely used to label sun protective products and is featured on ARPANSA's own UPF rating swing tags.
The Commonwealth of Australia, acting through the Australian Radiation and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA), is the proprietor of the UPF Certification Trade Mark. This trademark is widely used to label sun protective products and is featured on ARPANSA's own UPF rating swing tags. When the UPF Certification Trade Mark is applied to a product it indicates that ARPANSA has been satisfied that the materials used to construct that product will provide at least the amount of sun protection stated on the rating label.
The UPF Certification Trade Mark is featured on the ARPANSA Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) tags. Companies wishing to use the ARPANSA UPF tags must first licence use of this trademark. There are two fee structures for licensing use of this trademark. The purchase price of the UPF tags, and the number of fabric retests available, differs depending on the annual licence fee chosen. Licence fees are payable on application. Delivery costs are additional to the cost of the tags.
Information about applying for a licence to use the UPF Certification Trade Mark
The document below contains all the information required to apply to use the UPF Certification Trade Mark. You can download the information in one consolidated PDF file, or download individual sections separately.
Download complete information pack:
Information pack in parts:
- Introduction to the UPF Certification Scheme - PDF (53 kb) || RTF (74kb)
- Fact sheet that discusses UV radiation and clothing - PDF (429 kb) || HTML
- Swing tag example featuring the UPF Certification Trade Mark - PDF (76 kb) || RTF (1.4 mb)
- Rules governing the use of the UPF Certification Trade Mark (includes an application form for a licence to use the UPF Certification Trade Mark) - PDF (152 kb) || RTF (1,791kb)
- Schedule of licence fee options - PDF (39kb) || HTML
- Licence application checklist and overview of the licensing process - PDF (34kb) || RTF (65kb)
- Request form for UPF testing materials - PDF (196kb) || DOC (749kb)
- Schedule of UPF testing charges - PDF (39kb) || HTML
- Policy on delivery of swing tags to overseas destinations - PDF (33kb) || RFT (49kb)
- Request for approval for a specific use of the UPF Certification Trade Mark -
PDF (170kb) || DOC (881kb)
- How to make payments to ARPANSA
In July 2000 a Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 10.0% was introduced in Australia. Australian companies pay the charges in the GST-included column. Non-Australian companies pay the charges in the GST-exempt column. All prices are in Australian dollars. The preferred methods of payment are in Australian dollars, either by bank cheque made out to "ARPANSA" or by electronic funds transfer (EFT). Note that overseas EFT payments attract an additional bank fee of A$20 per transaction. Contact the ARPANSA accounts department on +61 3 9433 2250 for specific details of payment by EFT.
Licence fees are payable with the annual licence application.
Applicants for a licence to use the UPF Certification Trade Mark may select the fee option that best suits their requirements:
|Licence Fee Option||Annual licence fee including Australian GST||Swing tag price including Australian GST(per pack of 500 tags)*||Annual licence fee excluding Australian GST||Swing tag price excluding Australian GST(per pack of 500 tags)*||Sample retests**|
Swing Tags *
Swing tags are shrink wrapped in bundles of 500. Specify your preferred method of delivery on the order form.
Fabric Retesting **
During the licence period licensees may submit, at no charge, up to the indicated number of previously tested fabrics for retesting by ARPANSA. This assists the licensee in checking for consistent product quality and ensures that test reports remain current for licensing purposes. To qualify as a retest, a sample must be of similar specification and colour to the original sample tested. Indicate if a sample is a retest by entering the ARPANSA job code for the original sample into the "Retest" column of the testing request form to ensure that no invoice is raised.
For more information email the UPF Testing Service in Melbourne.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to view PDF files
The free Adobe Acrobat Reader is available from Adobe's website