- Personal Radiation Monitoring Service
- Equipment Calibration and Testing
- Radioanalytical Services
- Radiopharmaceutical QA
- UV Protection Factor (UPF) Testing
- UV Data
- UV Resource Guide
- Megavoltage Photon TLD Audit Service
- High Energy Radiation Beams (LINAC)
- Radiation Safety Advice and Risk Evaluation
- ELF Magnetic Field Meter Hire
- Australian Clinical Dosimetry Service
- National Diagnostic Reference Level Survey
- Australian National Radiation Dose Register (ANRDR)
For more information please get in touch with ARPANSA
- Phone Number+61 3 9433 2211
- Fax Number+61 3 9432 1835
- email ARPANSA
About Ultraviolet Radiation
What is solar ultraviolet radiation (UVR)?
Why is there so much solar UVR in Australia?
Why measure solar UVR?
How does ARPANSA measure solar UVR?
How are UVR levels reported?
What are skin types?
How does UVR intensity vary during the day?
How does the atmosphere affect solar UVR?
How dangerous is UVR?
What are the risks from UVR exposure?
What are the sources of solar UVR exposure?
What factors affect solar UVR levels?
Can you feel UVR?
Is temperature related to UVR?
What is windburn?
What is a Protection Factor?
How can you reduce your UVR exposure?
Does clothing offer good UVR protection?
What makes a good sun protective garment?
How effective are windows and window tints at UVR protection?
How much UVR protection do shade structures offer?
What sun protection precautions should outdoor workers take?
How effective are sunscreens?
Are solariums safe?
Do artificial light sources emit UVR?
Are industrial UVR sources dangerous?
Standards and guidelines related to UVR protection
Clothing standards outside Australia
How can you test sun protective materials
How can you label products with a UPF rating?
Further Information about UVR protection
Sources of UVR protection Information on the Internet
Australian standards related to UVR protection
Official guidelines on UVR protection
Explanation of some UVR-related terms