Manager Digital Information & Data
The Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA) is the Australian Government's primary authority on radiation protection and nuclear safety. Our purpose is to protect the Australian people and the environment from the harmful effects of radiation, through understanding risks, best practice regulation, research, policy, services, partnerships and engaging with the community.
The Digital Technology section (DTS) is a high profile section within the Corporate Office and is responsible for driving the development and delivery of a range of strategic and operational Digital Technology functions. Working in partnership with ARPANSA’s Executive, branches and offices, DTS provides services and advice on the agency’s use of technology, applications, information and data, including oversight of cybersecurity and information governance.
Primary purpose of the role
The Manager Digital Information & Data is responsible for the development of strategic and tactical plans for the agency’s information, data and library collections. Working under broad direction, this role is expected to provide expert advice on value creation from the use of the agency's Digital information and data assets, as well as interaction with the external information ecosystem. The role will lead the agency in the investigation of information and data-driven insights that help support exploitation of strategic and tactical business opportunities, and be a champion for Digital information driven culture.
A key focus of the role is to ensure that all policies, systems and services are aligned to the strategic priorities established by the agency and Government.
- Develop and support productive relationships with ARPANSA’s Executive, Branches and Offices to influence how Digital solutions can enable new sources of value;
- Plan, manage and lead the strategic and operational services of the agency’s Digital information, records, library and data management capability;
- Under broad direction, maximise the value of agency information and data assets and the analytics used to render insights for decision making and regulatory reporting;
- Establish, manage and undertake the Digital Information procurement and contract management activities;
- Drive the development and implementation of best practice policies, processes and systems to support agency and Government initiatives and priorities, particularly in the areas of information, records and content management, data and analytics, including governance of data and algorithms used for analysis, analytical applications and automated decision making;
- Lead organisational-wide technology related culture change initiatives in a dynamic workplace.
Job specific capabilities
To be considered for this position you will have a proven knowledge and extensive experience in successfully managing contemporary approaches to digital information, including record and content management, library services, data and analytics and of the Commonwealth’s legislative and policy frameworks in these areas. You will have a sound understanding of the provision of library services in a government, legal or research environment.
You will possess highly developed leadership and management skills, including the ability to lead change and develop Digital Information solutions that improve the agency’s capability and performance. You will have a proven record of developing positive relationships and the ability to influence diverse stakeholder groups and staff.
You must hold Australian citizenship or possess permanent residency status leading to citizenship and be prepared to travel interstate on occasions. You should note that ARPANSA requires all employees to undertake and maintain, as a minimum, a Baseline Security Clearance as a condition of their employment.
There are six selection criteria for this role.
Candidates are asked to address each of these in writing, limiting your response to no more than 250 words per selection criteria.
- Proven executive level leadership ability together with high level experience in successfully developing and managing a range of Digital Information strategies and operational frameworks within a corporate or public sector environment;
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and coordinate the delivery of Digital Information solutions that support agency commitments and continuous improvement, and the ability to respond positively and flexibly to new and changing environments in a timely manner;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Commonwealth legislative and policy frameworks;
- High level interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists;
- Demonstrated capability to work collaboratively and build and sustain positive relationships with staff and a range of key stakeholders and clients; and
- Demonstrated ability to effectively balance team and individual responsibilities, manage competing demands and achieve outstanding results.
Kathryn Green - 03 9433 2229 or recruitmentarpansa.gov.au.