Creative Designer - Digital and Brand
ARPANSA values workplace diversity and is committed to providing a supportive, inclusive and respectful work environment. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, people with disabilities, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Should you require special assistance through any stage of the selection process, please contact the People and Culture team.
The Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA) is the Australian Government's primary authority on radiation protection and nuclear safety. Our purpose is to protect the Australian people and the environment from the harmful effects of radiation, through understanding risks, best practice regulation, research, policy, services, partnerships and engaging with the community.
The Office of the CEO is comprised of two sections; Communications and Government and International Relations. The Communications section assists in ensuring effective stakeholder engagement and is responsible for the delivery of ARPANSA’s communication and brand strategies, including communicating health risks and mitigation strategies for the public, workers and the environment. This includes management and oversight of media liaison (including social), communication campaigns and collateral, publications, website, intranet, internal communications and stakeholder engagement.
Primary purpose of the role
Working under limited direction from the Assistant Director Communications, the Creative Designer - Digital and Brand will work within a small, high performing team to maintain and champion the brand of ARPANSA. They will work closely with stakeholders to lead the development of all creative content for the agency and ensure all design output adheres to ARPANSA’s brand guidelines. The role will also be ARPANSA’s subject matter expert in product development and resolution of product issues.
- Plan and manage the delivery of design services to meet user needs and business requirements within set timeframes
- Collaborate and negotiate with stakeholders on design solutions and products and analyse alternative courses of action to recommend the best possible solution
- Identify the conceptual and creative strategy for projects
- Lead the development and implementation of complex products translating technical and scientific insights into clear and transparent products for internal/external stakeholders
- Oversee the maintenance of the agency’s Intranet and website; particularly in relation to content management and user experience of the website
- Involvement in the development of a broad range of multimedia products and internal services including: operating equipment, delivery of video content and post-production editing
- Manage ARPANSA’s brand identity, application, style and suite of brand assets including: Providing advice and guidance on all matters relating to content development, tools and templates
Job specific capabilities
To be considered for this position, you will have sound knowledge and extensive experience in adobe creative suite, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office suite, content management systems administration and content creation. You will have demonstrated knowledge of corporate brand, creative strategy and design delivery.
A relevant tertiary qualification from an Australian tertiary institution or a comparable overseas qualification or relevant extensive experience in creative design is required.
Experience using SharePoint, HTML, CSS and exposure to UX/UI and development of multimedia products will be highly regarded.
You must hold Australian citizenship or possess permanent residency status leading to citizenship and be prepared to travel interstate from time to time as required. ARPANSA requires all new employees to undertake a baseline security clearance as a condition of engagement.
There are five selection criteria for this role. Candidates are asked to limit their response to no more than 400 words per selection criteria.
- Experience in working with, and providing strategic advice to stakeholders to develop and implement complex products.
- Demonstrated experience managing the production and distribution of creative design; incorporating a thorough understanding of brand guidelines.
- Knowledge of intranet, website processes and content creation.
- The ability to achieve results and manage competing demands.
- Demonstrated experience in multimedia production from launch through to completion.