PRMS Administration Support Officer
ARPANSA values workplace diversity and is committed to providing a supportive, inclusive and respectful work environment. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, people with disabilities, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Should you require special assistance through any stage of the selection process, please contact the Office of People Strategies and Wellbeing team.
The Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA) is the Australian Government's primary authority on radiation protection and nuclear safety. Our purpose is to protect the Australian people and the environment from the harmful effects of radiation, through understanding risks, best practice regulation, research, policy, services, partnerships and engaging with the community.
The Radiation Protection Services (RPS) Section is responsible for the provision of a suite of commercial services which protect workers and the public from the harmful effects of radiation. This includes the monitoring and reporting of ionising radiation doses, the radiofrequency calibration of instruments and the testing and endorsement of a range of ultraviolet protective fabrics, films and glasses. The Section maintains accreditation to ensure delivery of high quality and traceable scientific services to the Australian community. Customer management provides specific market position with growth opportunities.
Primary purpose of the role
Under general guidance and direction, you will be responsible for oversighting the dispatch of personal radiation monitoring service (PRMS) monitors and ensuring that monitors are returned in a timely manner. You will provide high level customer service to existing clients and promote the agency’s PRMS service to potential clients. You will also undertake responsibility of the stock levels for inventory used within the PRMS area and provide support to other Administrative Support functions as required.
- Provide exceptional customer service to PRMS clients
- Respond to all client issues raised, or escalate as required where issues are of a sensitive or serious nature
- Oversee the efficient and timely distribution of PRMS monitors and their timely return at the conclusion of the monitoring period
- Identify and implement improvements to work practices and interactions with clients
- Provide assistance and relief support to the Agency’s Reception area, stores facility, ultraviolet protection factor (UPF) and radiofrequency calibrations (RFC) service areas as required
Job specific capabilities
You should possess well developed communication and interpersonal skills that can be applied to internal and external clients, service providers and contractors in building productive working relationships.
You will possess personal drive and integrity together with a demonstrated capacity to work cohesively within a team environment, displaying initiative, tact and independent judgement in carrying out your specific responsibilities.
You will possess up to date knowledge and experience of technology including Microsoft Office programs.
You must hold Australian citizenship or possess permanent residency status leading to citizenship and be prepared to travel interstate from time to time as required. ARPANSA requires all new employees to undertake a baseline security clearance as a condition of engagement.
There are five selection criteria for this role. Candidates are asked to limit their response to no more than 250 words per selection criterion.
- Demonstrated high level client service skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in an organised and systematic manner, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience working as part of a diverse team to achieve a common goal.
- Demonstrated initiative and a positive attitude towards Agency change management initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the use of technology including the suite of Microsoft Office programs.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance and salary packaging options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Located in the leafy northern suburbs 15 km from CBD
- Modern amenities room with garden courtyard
- Free parking