- Personal Radiation Monitoring Service
- Equipment Calibration and Testing
- Radioanalytical Services
- Hire of Radiation Meters
- Ultraviolet Radiation (UVR) Services
- UV Data
- UV Resource Guide
- Radiation Safety Advice and Risk Evaluation
- Australian Clinical Dosimetry Service
- National Diagnostic Reference Level Service
- Australian National Radiation Dose Register (ANRDR)
- Radiotherapy Calibrations
For more information please get in touch with ARPANSA
- Phone Number+61 3 9433 2211
- Fax Number+61 3 9432 1835
- email ARPANSA
Hire of Radiation Meters
We offer two types of meters you can hire to measure radiation in and around your home
Magnetic Field Meter
You can hire a magnetic field meter from us to measure the strength of magnetic fields generated by the passage of mains electricity. The magnetic field meter is a hand held device with a digital display that reads in units of milligauss (mG).
Read more about measuring magnetic fields and how to use the meter.
Ionising Radiation Meter
You can hire a meter from us to measure ionising radiation around your home. The Ionising Radiation Meter is a handheld device with a digital display that measures gamma radiation dose and dose rate.
Radiation dose is measured in units of microSieverts (µSv). Radiation dose rate is measured in units of microSieverts per hour (µSv/h).
Please send your completed hire form agreement to:
Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency
619 Lower Plenty Road
Yallambie VIC 3085
As meters are in high demand you may wish to contact us to find out when a meter is likely to be available. Following receipt of the completed Hire Agreement Form, ARPANSA will contact you when a meter becomes available to make sure you still require it.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to view PDF files
The free Adobe Acrobat Reader is available from Adobe's website