- Personal Radiation Monitoring Service
- Equipment Calibration and Testing
- Radioanalytical Services
- Hire of Radiation Meters
- Ultraviolet Radiation (UVR) Services
- UV Data
- Buyer's Guide for Sun Protection
- Radiation Safety Advice and Risk Evaluation
- Australian Clinical Dosimetry Service
- National Diagnostic Reference Level Service
- Australian National Radiation Dose Register (ANRDR)
- Radiotherapy Calibrations
For more information please get in touch with ARPANSA
- Phone Number+61 3 9433 2211
- Fax Number+61 3 9432 1835
- email ARPANSA
Buyer's Guide for Sun Protection
Find products that claim to offer personal protection against solar ultraviolet radiation.
Many people visit our website looking for information about sun protection. The Buyer's Guide for Sun Protection helps people find sun protection products.
This Guide is not a comprehensive list of such products and the claims made in relation to the characteristics of the products are those of the suppliers and are not those of ARPANSA or the Australian Government.
Neither ARPANSA nor the Australian Government warrant that the information contained in the Guide is accurate and shall not be held responsible for any direct, indirect or consequential losses arising from any form of reliance on the information hyperlinked to in the Guide, refer to the ARPANSA website Disclaimer.
Find products listed in the Buyer's Guide for Sun Protection
|Kids wear||Other clothing||Hats|
|Sun protective textiles||Other products and services||Manufacturing|
About ARPANSA and sun exposure
Overexposure to ultraviolet radiation from sunlight is a major health problem for the skin and eyes of people living in Australia. Prolonged exposure to ultraviolet radiation can cause sunburn, skin cancers and cataracts.
Some brief statistics from SunSmart highlight the problem.
ARPANSA is an Australian Government agency that contributes to Australian sun protection standards. We work with the Cancer Council Australia, SunSmart and other organisations to raise awareness of the dangers of sun exposure. To keep the public informed about sun exposure we:
- provide information like this Buyer's Guide.
- issue real time reports of UV levels in all Australian capital cities.
- provide infomation to the public by publishing fact sheets and answers to frequently asked questions.
- provide testing services for manufacturers of sun protection products.
- issue UPF rating labels so that consumers can purchase sun protective clothing with confidence.