Working with ARPANSA
ARPANSA roles provide an opportunity to deliver and develop across a breadth of specialist capabilities.
We offer you:
- A culture characterised by commitment, respect, delivery, inclusion and collegiality.
- Opportunities to engage with national and international stakeholders, in a context that values leading practice science.
- The opportunity to pursue your interests while contributing to the Australian community.
- A commitment to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace where all employees are valued. We appreciate the experiences, skills and perspectives of all individuals and harness a collaborative environment. We actively encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds.
- Great working conditions including competitive salaries with 15.4% superannuation, generous leave conditions, flexible work practices, modern amenities and free parking at both our Yallambie and Miranda sites.
for more information.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
At ARPANSA, we have a commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion, at the core of which is the aim to create an inclusive culture where there is a sense of security, support and acceptance from co-workers and leaders. We aim to give individuals and teams the space to share divergent ideas, take risks and connect as equals. These foundations create a work environment of creativity, ingenuity, resilience and collaboration.
The initiatives in our plan aim to inspire our employees to think beyond their own realities, stretch their boundaries, think creatively and be intentionally inclusive in their daily interactions with co-workers.
To realise this vision we have committed to six Diversity, Equality and Inclusion initiatives:
- Gender Equality
- Flexibility & Work Life Balance
- People with Disability
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander
Each initiative has its own champion to support it and help make our Diversity, Equality and Inclusion vision a reality. Join us today to help us achieve it – see our careers page for potential job opportunities at ARPANSA.
Australian Public Service Census - 2021 results
Each year, ARPANSA staff participate in the Australian Public Service Census – a survey of employees’ perceptions of their work environment including wellbeing, safety, productivity and leadership.
The APS Employee Census is an annual survey which is used to collect confidential attitude and opinion information from APS employees on important issues in the workplace. It is administered to all APS employees and is an opportunity for employees to tell the Australian Public Service Commissioner and Agency heads what they think about working in the APS.
The census results help us to develop strategies to build capability across our workforce and ensure efficiency and quality of all activities.
ARPANSA is working with staff to take an in-depth look at these results to develop measurable actions for continuous improvement. Alongside this analysis, we have also conducted a safety culture assessment to develop a comprehensive picture of ARPANSA’s safety culture. This initiative supports our role in applying best practice regulation in line with recommendations from the International Atomic Energy Agency.