Warning messageThere is currently a suspension or adjustment to some of our activities due to COVID-19. For full details please visit our Activities in response to COVID-19 information page.
A full description of ARPANSA's corporate structure follows.
View a diagram of the ARPANSA organisational chart
ARPANSA Strategic Management Committee and Chief Executive
As CEO of ARPANSA, Dr Carl-Magnus Larsson is responsible for the Agency's activities, policy directions and efficient performance. The ARPANSA Strategic Management Committee supports the CEO and is the major vehicle for collegiate decision making in the Agency.
Offices and Branches
ARPANSA comprises three service branches, two offices and a General Counsel:
- Regulatory Services Branch - Mr James Scott, Chief Regulatory Officer
Sections include: National Codes and Standards, Source Safety and Security, Facility Safety, Safety Systems
(Sydney and Melbourne)
- Radiation Health Services Branch - Dr Gillian Hirth, Chief Radiation Health Scientist
Sections include: Assessment & Advice, Monitoring & Emergency Response, Radiation Protection Services
- Medical Radiation Services Branch - Dr Ivan Williams, Chief Medical Radiation Scientist
Sections include: Medical Imaging, Primary Standards Dosimetry Laboratory, and the Australian Clinical Dosimetry Service
- Office of the CEO - Ms Tone Doyle, Office Head and Chief of Staff
Sections include: Government and International Relations, Communications, Governance and Risk
- Office for Business Support - Mr Niraj Pau, Office Head and Chief Financial Officer
Sections include: Finance, Digital Technology, Property and Facilities
- Office of the General Counsel - Mr Martin Reynolds, General Counsel
Sections include: Freedom of Information and Privacy
(Melbourne and Sydney)
- Office for People Strategies and Wellbeing - Mr David Peters, Office Head and Director for People Strategies and Wellbeing
Sections include: People Strategies, Wellbeing and Safety
The ARPANS Act establishes several bodies that advise the CEO of ARPANSA. These bodies include the Radiation Health and Safety Advisory Council, the Radiation Health Committee and the Nuclear Safety Committee. The ARPANS Act also specifies the categories of membership for the Council and Committees.