Information Publication Scheme
On this page
Part 2 of the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act) establishes the Information Publication Scheme (IPS) for Australian government agencies subject to the FOI Act. The IPS commenced on 1 May 2011 and requires agencies to publish a broad range of information on their websites, and to make that information available online where possible. To find out more about the Information Publication Scheme.
ARPANSA is subject to the FOI Act and is required to comply with the IPS requirements. If a document is not available in an accessible format, please contact the FOI and Privacy Officer at FOIarpansa.gov.au and arrangements will be made to provide the information in an accessible format. See ARPANSA's statement on accessibility.
Information Publication Scheme Framework
ARPANSA is required under section 8(2)(a) of the FOI Act to publish an agency IPS plan.
ARPANSA is required under sections 8(2)(b) and 8(2)(d) of the FOI Act to publish information about the structure of the agency’s organisation and details of statutory appointments. This information is available on the pages set out below.
- Details of Agency Organisational Structure
- Statutory Appointments
- ARPANSA Agreement 2017-20
- Information about careers with us
ARPANSA is required under ss 8(2)(c) and 8(2)(j) of the FOI Act to publish a description of the functions and powers of the agency, and the rules, guidelines, practices and precedents relating to those functions and powers (that is, operational information). This information is available on the pages set out below.
Functions and powers
- Our Service Charter
- Planning and Accountability
- Codes and Standards
- Commitment to Good Regulatory Practice
- Holistic Safety
- Import and Export Permit Applications
- Information for Licence Applicants
- Information for Licence Holders
- Inspection Reports
- International Best Practice
- International Conventions and Australia's Obligations
- National Uniformity
- Radiation Health Committee Publication Program
- Radioactive Waste Disposal and Storage
- Regulatory Guides
- Research Reactors
- Transport of Radioactive Material
- Security of Radiological Material
- Australian Clinical Dosimetry Service
- Australian National Radiation Dose Register
- Equipment Calibration
- National Diagnostic Reference Level Service
- Personal Radiation Monitoring Services
- Radioanalytical Services
- Radiotherapy Calibrations
- Ultraviolet Radiation (UVR) Services
- UV Resource Guide of Protective Products
- UV Index Data
- ARPANSA Base Station Survey 2007-2013
- ARPANSA Environment EME Reports
- The Australian Radiation Incident Register
- Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty
- Electromagnetic Radiation Health Complaints Register
- Nuclear Powered Warships Visit Planning
- WHO Radiation Emergency Medical Preparedness and Assistance Network
General information for the public
ARPANSA is required under ss 8(2)(e) and 8(2)(h) of the FOI Act to publish Annual reports laid before the Parliament, and other information routinely provided to the Parliament.
Our reports and responses to parliament are found through our Corporate Publications page. That page includes links to our Annual Reports, Quarterly Reports of the CEO of ARPANSA and our responses to the Senate orders in relation to file lists and entity contract. A link to these reports also provided below.
- Annual Reports
- Quarterly Reports
- Parliamentary Information
ARPANSA is required under ss 8(2)(g) and 11C of the FOI Act to publish information to which the agency routinely gives access in response to FOI requests and the disclosure log of information that has been released under the FOI Act. Information that can be published resulting from freedom of information requests and any routinely released information from such requests is found in our Agency Disclosure Log.
ARPANSA is required under s 8(2)(f) of the FOI Act to publish information about consultation arrangements that enable members of the public to comment on specific policy proposal for which the agency is responsible.
The below pages provide more details about how comments can be made on ARPANSA consultations.
- Have your say
- How to consult with the Radiation Health and Safety Advisory Council
- Licence Holder Forums
- National Uniformity - Stakeholder Feedback
- Public Consultation - Licence Applications
- Publication Drafts for Public Comment
- Reporting a Health or Safety Concern
ARPANSA is required under s 8(2)(i) of the FOI Act to publish contact details of an officer (or officers) who can be contacted about access to the agency's information under the FOI Act. We have comprehensive information about how you can make contact with us on our Contact us page.
For specific information in relation to freedom of information requests and this IPS entry, please contact our FOI Officer directly at FOIarpansa.gov.au or 02 9541 8311.
What’s new and the latest tweets available
To comment on our public consultations, please use the relevant links above under Consultation arrangements to find the appropriate contact. To provide general feedback on our website use the feedback form or general contact information.
For comments on the IPS or other aspects of our FOI information please contact FOIarpansa.gov.au.