Nuclear Safety Committee
The role of the Nuclear Safety Committee is to advise the CEO and the Council on matters relating to nuclear safety and the safety of controlled facilities, including developing and assessing the effectiveness of standards, codes, practices and procedures.
On this page:
- Agendas and summaries of Nuclear Safety Committee meetings
- Nuclear Safety Committee advice and reports
Nominations are currently being accepted for one position in the current term of the Nuclear Safety Committee. For more information on the opportunity, and to apply, visit Nominations for membership – Nuclear Safety Committee.
The members of the committee appointed for the 2018–2020 triennium are:
- Dr Tamie Weaver, Technical Director - Hydrogeology, environmental resources management consultancy
CEO of ARPANSA:
- Dr Carl-Magnus Larsson
Radiation Health Committee representative:
- Ms Fay Bellis, member of the Radiation Health Committee
Local Government representative:
- Mr Ian Drinnan, Principal Environmental Scientist, Sutherland Shire Council
Person to represent the interests of the general public:
- Dr Joanna Wriedt, experience in commercial law, government and medical research
(Contact the NSC public representative)
- Ms Kerrie Christian, metallurgist with background in governance, safety and reliability
- Mr Tony Irwin, engineer with experience in nuclear power and research reactor operations; commissioning; training and regulatory interaction
- Dr John Loy, radiation protection and nuclear safety regulatory expert, with extensive experience internationally and in Australia
- Mr Don Macnab, radiation protection and nuclear safety regulatory expert, with experience internationally and in Australia
- Mr Stuart Parr, radiation protection advisor with experience in safety engineering and management including advice on nuclear regulatory compliance internationally.
- Mr Peter Wilkinson, consultant in safety management and safety culture in hazardous industries