Warning messageThere is currently a suspension or adjustment to some of our activities due to COVID-19. For full details please visit our Activities in response to COVID-19 information page.
ARPANSA receives action plan from ANSTO following safety review
On 4 December 2018, following a direction from ARPANSA’s CEO Dr Larsson, the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation (ANSTO) provided ARPANSA with an action plan that responds to 85 recommendations made by an independent expert review team to improve ANSTO’s occupational radiation safety processes and operational procedures.
Dr Larsson issued the direction to initiate an independent review on 29 June 2018 under section 41(1A) of the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Act 1998 following four separate events with safety implications at ANSTO Health in less than ten months.
As per the direction, ANSTO has submitted the action plan to ARPANSA for approval.
ARPANSA will review and consider the action plan before meeting with ANSTO in late December to provide feedback. When the action plan is approved we will publish a copy on our website and a copy of our written response.
- ARPANSA issues a direction to ANSTO
- ARPANSA receives report from independent review team on ANSTO approach to safety
- Independent Safety Review of the ANSTO Health Approach to Occupational Radiation Safety and Operational Procedures
- Direction to Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation (ANSTO) on 29 June 2018
- Report to Parliament - Radiation exposure of a worker at ANSTO Health, Lucas Heights on 22 August 2017