ARPANSA provides a unique opportunity for the public and community to talk directly with our scientists on issues about radiation exposure and protection in Australia
This service offers people the opportunity to find answers to science related questions that they have been unable to find using other resources. We encourage you to first explore our website to find your answers or to send an enquiry via our online contact form.
You can call us on 1800 022 333 from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays (Melbourne AEST), except during public holidays.
To assist in offering our service, we encourage you to prepare your question. ARPANSA reception will ask you the following:
- Your name, location and phone number.
- The subject of your enquiry. Examples include:
- Public exposure to radiation. Examples include radiation exposure from powerlines, mobile phones, ultraviolet radiation from the sun and ionising radiation found in our environment.
- Worker exposure to radiation. Examples include radiation exposure from lasers and uranium mining.
- Patient exposure to radiation. Examples include CT scans to children and X-rays.
Please note: Our experts are unable to provide medical advice. Medical questions should be directed to a medical practitioner.