From time to time, the Radiation Health Committee issues statements that provide details on the Committee's position on a range of topics relating to radiation health.
Following is a list of statements prepared by the Radiation Health Committee. All statements issued prior to 2014 are archived.
See the notice at the bottom of this page for information on how to access archived information.
Statement on the use of Dual-energy X-ray Absorptiometry (DEXA)
Statement issued June 2016
Radiation Health Committee - Statement on the use of Dual-Energy X-ray Absorptiometry (DEXA)
Statements issued prior to 2014:
- Statement on expectations for a Qualified Expert in relation to the Medical Code (RPS 14) – September 2012
- Statement on changes to occupational dose limit for lens of the eye – November 2011
- Disposal of domestic smoke detectors – July 2011
- Safe handling of deceased persons recently treated with radioactive material – July 2012
- Proposed changes to Australia's radiation protection standards – January 2010
- Factors to consider when selecting a radioactive source – June 2008
- Clean-up criteria following a radiological incident – February 2007
- Occupational exposure to cosmic radiation from airflight – December 2004
- Use of units of measure in prescribing and administering nuclear medicine – November 2002
Radiation Health Committee statements issued prior to 2014 are archived.
Visit the National Library of Australia Australian Government Web Archive to access information no longer available on our website.