2014-15 Annual Report: Letter of Transmittal
30 September 2015
Senator the Hon Fiona Nash
Minister for Rural Health
CANBERRA ACT 2600
In accordance with section 59 of the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Act 1998 (the ARPANS Act), I present to you for transmittal to the Parliament the Annual Report of the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA) for the period 1 July 2014 to 30 June 2015.
As required by the ARPANS Act, my report provides details on:
- the operations of the CEO, ARPANSA and the Council and Committees
- any direction given by the Minister to me under section 16 of the ARPANS Act and any breach of licence conditions by a licensee, of which I am aware
- all reports received from the Radiation Health and Safety Advisory Council on matters related to radiation protection and nuclear safety or the Nuclear Safety Committee on matters related to nuclear safety and the safety of controlled facilities.
For the purposes of section 10 of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Rule 2014, I certify that:
- ARPANSA has in place a fraud control plan and fraud risk assessments were undertaken during the year in review
- ARPANSA has in place appropriate fraud prevention, detection, investigation, and reporting mechanisms that meet the specific needs of the Agency, and
- all reasonable measures have been taken to deal with fraud relating to the Agency.
The report of the independent auditor on the financial statements of ARPANSA for 2014-15 and the financial statements are included with this report which also meets the Requirements for Annual Reports issued by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet and updated 25 June 2015.
CEO of ARPANSA