ANM Mo99 and ANSTO SyMo facility siting licence applications
7 May 2013
Invitation to make submissions on facility licence applications under the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Act 1998
The CEO of ARPANSA intends making a decision under section 32 of the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Act 1998 on a facility licence application by the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation (ANSTO) in respect of the following nuclear installation:
ANSTO Nuclear Medicine Molybdenum-99 Facility (ANM Mo99)
Application Number A0270 to prepare a site for the proposed ANM Mo99 at the Lucas Heights Science and Technology Centre in Menai, New South Wales. The proposed facility will be for the production of Molybdenum-99 to be used in nuclear medicine.
The CEO of ARPANSA also intends making a decision on an associated prescribed radiation facility application for the ANSTO SyMo Facility. The application is provided below to ensure the public can provide informed submissions on the ANM Mo99 licence application. For further information on these applications see Application information.
A community information session was held on Thursday 16 May at 6pm in Hall 1, Engadine Community Centre, 1034-1036 Old Princes Highway, Engadine, NSW.
Community information session program
In accordance with Regulation 40 of the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Regulations 1999, the CEO of ARPANSA invited submissions about the applications. The CEO takes all submissions into account before making a decision on whether or not to grant the facility licences.
Submissions closed on Wednesday 12 June 2013.
Licence applications and supporting information
Application Number A0270 - ANSTO nuclear medicine molybdenum-99 facility (ANM Mo99)
Siting licence application
Plans & arrangements
- ANM Mo99 Siting Effective Control Plan
- ANM Mo99 Siting Safety Management Plan
- ANM Mo99 Siting Radiation Protection Plan
- ANM Mo99 Siting Waste Management Plan
- ANM Mo99 Siting Security Plan
- ANM Mo99 Siting Emergency Plan
- ANM Mo99 Siting Environmental Protection Plan
SAC assessment documents
- ANM Mo99 ANSTO Safety Assessment Committee request for approval
- ANM Mo99 Safety Assurance Committee approval letter
Application number A0266 - ANSTO SyMo facility
Plans & arrangements
- SyMo Facility Construction Effective Control Plan
- SyMo Facility Construction Safety Management Plan
- SyMo Facility Construction Radiation Protection Plan
- SyMo Facility Construction Radioactive Waste Management Plan
- SyMo Facility Construction Emergency Management Plan
- Plan for the Testing and Commissioning of Safety Related Items of the SyMo Facility
- SyMo Facility Siting Assessment
- SyMo Facility Construction Environmental Protection Plan
- SyMo Project Standards and Guidelines list
- Requirements for Operating Licence of the SyMo Facility
- Siting and Construction Licence for SyMo Facility - Safety Assurance Committee letter of approval
These documents are provided in PDF format only. If you can not access PDFs, please contact us for access to an alternative version of the information.