Clinical Advisory Group
The Clinical Advisory Group, or CAG, is mandated under the Memorandum of Understanding between the Department of Health and ARPANSA. The group was assembled by the ACDS to provide technical support and advice to the ACDS. The CAG, that includes members from the three professional organisations most relevant to the ACDS, comprises:
- the Australian College of Physical Scientists and Engineers in Medicine (ACPSEM)
- the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiology (RANZCR)
- the Australian Society of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy (ASMIRT)
- a member representing the Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group (TROG)
- a private practice representative
- a senior physicist from the ACDS.
The CAG meets quarterly, usually held via a teleconference, to discuss the ongoing developments within the ACDS. In addition, extensive conversations happen out of session, especially when audit designs are being discussed.
Appeal against Audit Outcome
If a facility wishes to appeal an audit outcome, they are encouraged to contact the CAG. The CAG provides independent technical and medical advice to the ACDS. Drawn from the three professions involved in radiation oncology, expert individuals are nominated by the organisations which they represent to provide advice and guidance to the ACDS. The CAG can be contacted at CAGarpansa.gov.au.
If unsatisfied with the CAG response, facilities can directly appeal to ARPANSA (see contact us).
Current CAG membership
- Dr Allan Fowler, RANZCR
Radiation Oncologist, Liverpool and Campbelltown Cancer Therapy Centres
- Dr John Shakeshaft
Chief Radiation Oncology Medical Physicist, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane
- Professor Annette Haworth, TROG
Director Institute of Medical Physics, University of Sydney
- Caroline Muir Knipe, ASMIRT
Supervisor Radiation Therapist, WP Holman Clinic Hobart
- Neal Molloy Private Practice Representative
Chief Radiation Oncology Medical Physicist, Genesis Cancer Care NSW
- Dr Madhavi Goonetilleke, RANZCR
Radiation Oncologist, Townsville Cancer Centre