The ACDS audit program is available via subscription and includes Level I, Level II and Level III audits.
An ACDS subscription provides
- Both remote and onsite audits, with onsite audits delivering the highest degree of accuracy, and remote audits providing coverage of all treatment beams
- Direct link to the ARPANSA Primary Standards Dosimetry Laboratory (PSDL)
- The ANZ Dataset containing dosimetry data from over 100 facilities and provides unparalleled ability to support audit diagnosis, benchmarking and commissioning
- Independent clinical oversight and review of audit outcomes through the Clinical Advisory Group (CAG) with multi-disciplinary representation across all jurisdiction and practice
- Opportunity to participate in field trials for audits assessing modern radiation therapy treatment modalities
As of July 2023
The table indicates the status of audits either live, or currently in development. For access to an overview of field trials and current developments see the audit program.
ACDS engages with radiotherapy facilities through a four-year service level agreement which includes a schedule of one audit per financial year. The four-year schedule includes two onsite audits and two remote OSLD audits in alternate years of the cycle. ACDS provides extensive support prior, during, and after the audits are conducted.
Specific points related to ACDS schedule and exclusions include:
- an audit schedule for specialty equipment can be included in the service level agreement. Specialty equipment includes Varian Halcyon®/Ethos™, Elekta Unity, Accuray Tomotherapy®, Accuray CyberKnife® and Elekta Gamma Knife®
- post audit follow up measurements or calculations by ACDS are included in the service
- level agreement cost participation in field trial audits is at no cost to subscribing facilities
- Level Ib audits are intended for new linear accelerator (linac) installations, are not included in the schedule, and are at separate cost
- Level III SRS audits and Level Ib kV audits are not included in the schedule and are arranged at separate cost upon request
- a desktop review of facility reference dosimetry calculations for all linacs at the facility (in years 1 and 3 of the schedule)
Please contact the ACDS on 03 9433 2220 or via email at email@example.com to arrange a quote.
Read more about ACDS current audit program in the brochure below:
A field trial is a developmental stage of an audit. Data gathered informs decision making on phantom design, detector use, correction factors and analysis techniques. Uncertainty budgets and the setting of pass/fail tolerances are refined as predicted tolerances are compared to measurements taken at participating facilities.
A live audit is scored, and audits still in field trial are not scored against the overall audit outcome. Mature field trials are reported with indicative outcomes. ACDS audits which are live or in field trial, are accepted by ROHPG, TROG and state regulators.